Monday, January 18, 2010

Beautiful Noise

I had this idea for a comic a while ago, when Nathan was going through the Terrible Two's. It's been in my head for a long time. I don't know why it took me so long to get around to drawing it. When I finished, it just seemed like this one needed to be shaded with pencil and blending stump, so that you can tell when the lights are off, I guess.

I think comics don't always have to be funny. Sometimes they can be touching or even sad. To me this one is about how bad things do sometimes happen, but they can help you to become more patient.


1 comment:

Ben Villarreal said...

This might sound like a odd observation, but I love the bunching detail on your socks in the last panel. The chair of my Master's Thesis taught me to appreciate those kind of details--they make the piece more real.

On a larger note, nicely done, as usual :-)